- Free and Fantastic Resource for Roses
- Delayed Shipping
- Top 10 FAQs
- Happy New Year 2015
- Now Blooming the Confederate Rose
- Open Garden Day
- Updates from Rose Petals Nursery...
- Miss Myrtle's Garden
- Happy 'Mothersday' from Rose Petals Nursery...
- Teas on Parade
- What do Mike Shoup, Jacksonville Rose Society and Club Continental all have in common?
- Join us at the Roses Grow in Jacksonville Event
- Good Old Fashion Irrigation for Antique Roses...
- A Special Day for a Special Man!
- Does this mean Spring is really just around the corner?
- Frequently Asked Questions of Rose Petals Nursery...
- The Citrus at Rose Petals Nursery...
- We wish you the Happiest of Holidays......
- Roses are Red....
- Red Rose du Jour - 'Cramoisi Superieur'
- 'Nur Mahal'
- 'Princesse de Sagan'
- More Red Roses.....
- 'Rose de Rescht'
- Continuing our Red Rose Series...
All About the Antique and Old Garden Roses blooming NOW
January 24, 2013
Today in Zone 8b, the nursery is in its renewal
period. New red growth on the old garden and
antique roses (and a couple of more modern
roses), many with flowers.
The Gardener cut a few that are blooming today
and posed them on the rye glass in cut crystal to
capture the sun's rays. Enjoy!
The cast of characters...'Duquesa' - Tea (2005),
'Climbing Pinkie' - Polyantha (1952), 'White
Cecile Brunner - Polyantha (1909), 'Louis
Philippe' - China (1834), 'Pink Pet' - Polyantha
(1928), 'Napolean' - China (1835), 'Winecup' -
China (Found), 'Iceberg' - Floribunda (1958),
'Nur Mahal' - Hybrid Musk (1923), 'Spice' -
China (Before 1810), 'Arethusa' - China (1903),
'Bowbells' - Shrub (1991), 'Rival de Paestum' -
Tea (Before 1843) and 'St. David's' - China
All roses are available at Rose Petals Nursery.
Be sure to click on the Log-in Tab to make your
Wish List so that you may receive an automated
notice when any of these roses are available
and in stock.
Until next time,