- Rose du Jour -'The Bride'
- Announcing New Additions to the RPN Website
- Called it off....faked out....otherwise not happy!
- The Sweetest Gift from our Rose Friend....
- A Rose Story...1845...
- Rose du Jour - 'Duke of York'
- A Special Day for a Special Man
- February 2013 Garden Bloggers Bloom Day
- A True Beaute' of a Tea...Beaute' Inconstante
- A Found Rose
- All About the Antique and Old Garden Roses blooming NOW
- View from our Master Bedroom Dormer
- Announcing RPN Mobile Device App...
- Twenty Six Stems.....
- Happy Holidays from Rose Petals Nursery
- Rose du Jour - 'Mrs. Pierre S. du Point'
- A Love Letter from Mr. Blue Jeans...
- Rose Festival with Carolyn...
- It's that time again.....
- Rose du Jour....'General Schablikine'
- Tomorrow is Open Sale Day at Rose Petals Nursery
- Back to Roses....Tea Roses to be exact....
All About the Antique and Old Garden Roses blooming NOW
January 24, 2013
Today in Zone 8b, the nursery is in its renewal
period. New red growth on the old garden and
antique roses (and a couple of more modern
roses), many with flowers.
The Gardener cut a few that are blooming today
and posed them on the rye glass in cut crystal to
capture the sun's rays. Enjoy!
The cast of characters...'Duquesa' - Tea (2005),
'Climbing Pinkie' - Polyantha (1952), 'White
Cecile Brunner - Polyantha (1909), 'Louis
Philippe' - China (1834), 'Pink Pet' - Polyantha
(1928), 'Napolean' - China (1835), 'Winecup' -
China (Found), 'Iceberg' - Floribunda (1958),
'Nur Mahal' - Hybrid Musk (1923), 'Spice' -
China (Before 1810), 'Arethusa' - China (1903),
'Bowbells' - Shrub (1991), 'Rival de Paestum' -
Tea (Before 1843) and 'St. David's' - China
All roses are available at Rose Petals Nursery.
Be sure to click on the Log-in Tab to make your
Wish List so that you may receive an automated
notice when any of these roses are available
and in stock.
Until next time,